Obi's Three Action Steps To Make New year's Resolutions A Lifestyle
1. Being around people that actually support you and are like- minded.
2. Writing down your goals on a piece of paper.
3. It's A marathon not a sprint.
Sabotage looks like:
1. Your mother baking you your favorite triple-stack fudge brownies though it's not your birthday.
2. Your significant other bringing you ooey gooey cheese pizza.
3. Friends inviting you on a Multitude of wine outings.
4. co-workers egging you on "oh come on can't you just have a little bit?"
Obi's Tips on Achieving Higher Success
1. Creating relationships matter people have to want to work with you. People have to like you. Having a bad attitude gets you no where.
2. Laying down your ego, creating trust through your hard-work and integrity.
3. Doing everything you can to execute and get the job done.
All Things Obi:
The Cut: Lose Up To Ten Pound In Ten Days And Sculpt Your Best Body Co-Authored by Obi Obafike and Morris Chestnut.
"60 is the new 40" Obi Obadike and Steve Harvey's new digital series to motivate baby boomers that your age doesn't have to stand in the way of being healthy and in your best shape ever.
Finally a brand you can trust. obistrong.com Obi has developed a new supplement line without all of the fillers, stimulants, fake sugars, low sodium, low fat, no proprietary blends, and junk you might find out there in the land of supposed health supplements. No hidden ingredients in his new-line imagine that! Be sure to try -out his new product line at obistrong.com
Tiaja Piere is a focus group participant in the book, The Cut by Morris Chestnut and Obi Obadike. She is also a Licensed Private Investigator who helps people of all walks of life. Tiaja is also part of Beauty Underground which you will see often at New York Fashion Week and Denver Fashion Week. She is currently the titleholder as Mrs. Wash Park 2017 for The Mrs. Colorado America USA Pageant. She is also a former Ms. Fitness USA and Ms. Fitness World competitor.
In addition to being a working mother and wife, Tiaja is full of energy and is always willing to give a helping hand to all. She volunteers her time and gives back to the community by giving free facials to those going thru cancer, advocating for women and children and feeding the homeless, just to name a few.
Tiaja feels that no matter the challenge, with perseverance anything can be accomplished.
Follow Linda on Social Media @ Chickfitstudio on Facebook Instagram and Twitter and my website is www.chickfit.me
Social Media- Elaine www.JackLanne.com
Facebook - Elaine or Jack Lanne
Before Jillian Michael's, Tony Horton, Kasiafit, Denise Austin, and Jane Fonda there was Jack the pioneer and "Godfather of Fitness", He is responsible for many of the fitness staples in the industry today some of which are the; protein bar, protein shake, leg extension, leg curl, cable pulleys, and so much more. Learn all about the making of this fitness icon and the wife beneath his wings, Elaine . She is 91 and rocking her age and still lectures all over the country.
I love, eat, and breathe fitness, so I was beyond honored to interview The First Lady of Physical Fitness, Elaine . She is the wife of fitness legend Jack .
I'm not going to lie. I got pretty teary-eyed when I was preparing for this podcast about Jack and Elaine . Together they have created the most amazing legacy that we all still benefit from today. You know what they say; behind every great man is an incredible woman.
Elaine is nothing less than incredible! At 91 she puts us all to shame. Elaine does full push ups, takes no medication, and is as sharp as a tack. In this episode we talk about how Elaine, the then smoker and donut lover, met Jack, The Godfather of Fitness and he changed her life forever. Jack also had a life-changing event happen to him; perhaps that was why he was so interested in making an impact in other people’s lives. Jack was ill as a teen and his entire life was changed from a lecture by Paul Braggs of Braggs Aminos. This was a lecture in which Jack was almost turned away because it was sold out. Paul made room for Jack and his mother right up front. Talk about divine intervention.
As Jack got older he wanted people to realize that age was just a number. He set out to prove it by completing surreal physical feats, one of which was his infamous swim from Alcatraz to the mainland with his hands and feet shackled behind his back towing a 1000 pound boat at 60 years young. Jack really stood in the gap as a pioneer. He was responsible for so much of what we see today in fitness, from creating the selectorized weight machines, cable/pulley machines, and leg extension, to having the idea for The Smith Machine. Jack and Elaine encouraged and introduced women to the weight room, back then they were of the thinking that women belonged in the kitchen and not in the weight room. The backwards thinking was that women would look like men if they weight trained. Also the thinking in that day was men in sports shouldn’t weight train, because they wouldn’t be able to move as fast and if they were muscle bound and that it would slow them down. Jack ,The Godfather of Fitness, was amazing from the sheer feats of physical fitness he performed, to the machines he created that still we use today. Jack was also responsible for creating the first protein shake and protein bar. Jack was such a pioneer and an icon in the industry and his wife was right alongside him being on the air helping him do all that he did. She is a fabulous lady and I am so inspired by her. I met her at the World IDEA Blog Fest and it was an instant connection. She was such a gracious lady. I took a leap and asked her if she would do a Facebook live video with me and she did. It didn't take the first time so I had to get up the courage to go up and ask her again and she was such so gracious. We did it one more time and now I’m interviewing her for a second time on my podcast. ”Life favors the bold.”
1. Move it or lose it
2. Fruits and Vegetables cleanse the system.
3. Every cell in your body is continually changing. Your body is new every seven years.
4. Why its important to have a good gut.
5. The effect of good microbiome and a great probiotic.
6. If you nibble all day long you never realize how much your eating.
7. What your doing right now is walking and talking tomorrow.
8. A sense of humor is important to longevity.
9. Jack wanted to prove that if you take care of yourself it doesn't matter your age
10. People are old because they're told their old.
11. ARC is Elaine's secret and mission in life. A-Attitude R- Resistance C Consistency.
12. Sign up for Maria's Schriver's Sunday Paper free.
13. A funny story of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jack working out.
14. Jack always said "If you do everything in moderation you can't go wrong."
15. "It's not what you do some of the time that counts its what you do all of the time that counts." Jack Lanne
16. When someone has a birthday Elaine has a piece of cake but she says Jack was always very disciplined and never deviated.
17. At 91 Elaine is living strong lecturing and writing a new book.
18. The story of how Elaine met Jack and fell in love.
19. Face exercises to keep you looking young.
20. Why Jack wore ballet slippers and where he got the idea to wear a jumpsuit.
21. Jack would say "all I want to do is help people help themselves."
22. What people don't know that don't know.
23. Humor is the best medicine.
Jill Griffiths is a certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor who loves sharing her tools to make fitness success a reality. For the past 18 years she has had her hands in all things fitness from teaching Spin to Zumba to Yoga to creating Personal Trainer Led Bootcamps. Her current success and focal point is her 8 week leaner and stronger program where she has produced amazing results with hundreds of people, by providing the correct tools and personalized nutrition needed to lean up all while gaining and maintaining strength and confidence.
Jill’s past achievements include competing and placing in an NPC bikini competition, triathlon, running 4 Ragnar Relay’s, half marathon’s, and multiple smaller races.
Her current passion is Spartan Races. She ran her first Spartan race in 2016 and has been hooked ever since. In 2016 she earned her first Trifecta. In 2017 she earned another Trifecta as well as a coin, which allowed her to compete in the Spartan World Championship race this past September against the top elite and pro female races of the OCR world where she proudly took 41st. She is currently a Spartan Race Ambassador and loves every part of the OCR community.
Jill is also a mom to 3 kids, a wife, and a corporate personal trainer. Her family life includes carpooling her kids to their many activities and standing on the sidelines cheering her kids on in whatever activity they chose to do. Recently, their family bought a “fixer upper” and have been working together to demo the home and remodel it together. She feels that having her kids work side by side her and her husband, will help them gain a better tolerance and drive to work hard to build their own future success.