Are you interested in losing weight after 40? Have you been struggling to build muscle? This podcast is perfect for everyone 40 and over looking to stay fit. In this episode I talk with Bob Williams. Over the last decade, Brad owned and operated three gym locations in Orange County, and oversaw 40+ independent personal trainers each with their unique training styles. He built a loyal following and sought-after client/trainer community culture within each of his gym locations. Post-COVID, Brad had to focus more on online training and started his first fitness podcast called Over 40 Fitness Hacks. He wanted the show to revolve around his passion for helping the over-40 crowd fight the aging process while still having a social life.
Questions I asked:
· How was it owning a gym during COVID?
· How does online fitness change the game?
· How did you find your place helping people over 40?
· What is time under tension?
· How should people eat at an older age for muscle?
· Why is so important to get testing and know what you’re putting in your body?
· How does alcohol affect you as you get older?
· Does fasting help you?
· How can you tell what things bother you?
· How can we make sure we’re not breaking down our muscles?
· Where can people connect with you?
· Weight loss.
· Building muscle.
· Time under tension.
· Balance training.
· Chronic pain.
Quotes from the show:
· “Online you really need to niche yourself down.” Brad Williams @SisterhoodSweat
· “I couldn’t believe how many things changed with my body at 40.” Brad Williams @SisterhoodSweat
· “My true calling didn’t happen until five years ago.” Brad Williams @SisterhoodSweat
· “Working with lower weights, taking your time, and having time under tension.” Brad Williams @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Brad:
If you're interested in online personal training or being a guest on Brad’s podcast, "Over 40 Fitness Hacks," you can reach him at email@example.com.
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"