Are you interested in Intermittent fasting? Have you been worried about menopause? In this episode we dive into learning more about our overall health, as well as how intermittent fasting works. We discuss the M word, and how we can stop being afraid of aging, and embrace a healthier, happier life no matter what stage of life we’re in.
In this episode I talk with Cynthia Thurlow, Western medicine trained Nurse Practitioner, a 2x TEDx speaker and functional nutritionist joins us to discuss how she became a health advocate for women. She talks about her own experiences dealing with perimenopause and nutrition. She discusses why women don’t need to be afraid of menopause. We also discuss what it was like to give a Tedx Talk and how it has impacted people. We dive into how to embrace aging without fearing it and living healthy and vibrantly until your last days.
Questions I asked:
- What was giving a Ted Talk like?
- Why should women NOT fear aging?
- What is perimenopause?
- How does Intermittent Fasting effect women?
- How to figure out if you have food sensitivity?
- Giving a Ted Talk.
- Fear of Aging.
- Impacting people to change their lives
- How to deal with perimenopause.
- How to find the nutrition that works for you.
- Embracing a healthy menopause.
- Finding ways to balance your hormones.
Quotes from the show:
- “It’s not about the views, it’s about the impact” @chtwellness @SisterhoodSweat
- “If you’re not doing proper nutrition, you are going to struggle more with menopause.” @chtwellness @SisterhoodSweat
- “I want to stay sharp as a tack til the day I die.” @chtwellness @SisterhoodSweat
- “Things will change, but it doesn’t have to be in a way that you don’t feel sexy and valuable.” @chtwellness @SisterhoodSweat
- “The more we can educate one another the better off we’ll all be long term.” @chtwellness @SisterhoodSweat
She also mentioned Uvex blue blocking glasses and Swanwick (aka Swannies)
How you can stay in touch with Cynthia:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!