Are you happy with your job? Have you ever dealt with a toxic workplace? In this episode, we dive into discussing how a toxic workplace can ruin a job, and how to deal with the concept of mean girls in your office. We discuss why being positive is one of the best things you can do for yourself, and how to figure out what your purpose is in life.
In this episode, I talk with Deanne Goodman, an award-winning journalist, and host of In Happier News Podcast, about how she changed from reporting the negative news, and only focusing on positive stories. Deanne has a background in digital and TV news reporting, working in many different TV stations, and having to deal with some less than friendly office co-workers, and trying to report on the news that would allow her to move up in her career. That news meant murders, crime, fatalities, and other negative news. We discuss her wake-up call involving her biggest fan that changed her whole career and put her on the path of a new mission. Her mission is to create videos and podcasts that inspire and change lives. We discuss the challenges of working at a toxic job, and how to find your purpose and make a difference in society.
Questions I asked:
- What changed for you, in regard to reporting?
- Why did you start your podcast?
- Why is it bad to be a mean girl?
- How to change from a mean girl to a nice girl?
- How can you keep your positivity in a negative workplace?
- What tips would you have for someone who doesn’t like their job?
- How can you find your passion and purpose?
- Deanne’s reporting Career
- Her Wakeup Call.
- Sharing Positive stories instead of negative
- How to deal with mean girls in your life
- How we can support each other to success
- Keeping positive in a negative workplace
- How to deal with mean people online
- How to find your purpose, and follow it
Quotes from the show:
- “I made it my mission to stop covering all that negativity, and now I only focus on positive stories.” @DeanneGoodman13 @SisterhoodSweat
- “I think everyone has a purpose. At the end of your life, do you want to look back and say, Wow I'm so glad that I made this impact on the world.” @DeanneGoodman13 @SisterhoodSweat
- “You shouldn’t dim your light because someone is hating on you.” @DeanneGoodman13 @SisterhoodSweat
- “It all just hit me right then and there. This was the day I didn't want to get out of bed unless someone was dead, so I was there as my biggest fan was dying.” @DeanneGoodman13 @SisterhoodSweat
- “It’s hard to be mean to someone face to face.” @DeanneGoodman13 @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Deanne:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!