Marriage is never easy, but it gets more complicated in our current society. Are you struggling with connecting to your partner? Is social media getting in the way of your relationship? In this episode, we discuss how to keep your relationship connected in our toxic society with all the distractions and pressures we have to face.
In this episode I talk with James Sexton, divorce lawyer turned relationship expert, joins us to discuss what makes relationships work in our current society, and what struggles modern day relationships struggle. As the author of If You're in My Office, It's Already Too Late: A Divorce Lawyer's Guide to Staying Together, James uses his 20 years of experience as a divorce lawyer, as well as being divorced himself to give feedback to those hoping to create a stronger relationship. We discuss what things can be done to build a stronger relationship, and what things are important to realize for yourself, as well as in your partner.
Questions I asked:
- How did a divorce attorney start giving marital advice?
- Are people happier once they get divorced?
- Are expectations part of the divorce issue?
- How many marriages are broken up by social media?
- What are some ways to divorce-proof your marriage?
- How can you learn to be better at marriage?
- How to deal with a bad relationship?
- What are three tips you could leave with the audience?
- Giving your relationship preventive maintenance.
- The goal of marriage is to be happy.
- Being happy after a divorce.
- Comparison on social media.
- Managing expectations.
- Staying connected in your marriage.
- Social Media and Infidelity.
- Realizing it’s time to leave a relationship.
- Two commandments about cheating.
- The hardest part is starting to make a change.
- Little choices that add up in a relationship.
Quotes from the show:
- “In a relationship, no single raindrop is responsible for the flood, but the flood comes.” @nycdivorcelaw @SisterhoodSweat
- “The goal of marriage is not to not get divorced, it’s to be happy.” @nycdivorcelaw @SisterhoodSweat
- “When you look at social media, you’re looking at greatest hits.” @nycdivorcelaw @SisterhoodSweat
- “You make a lot of small decisions, and one day you turn around and your body isn’t in the shape you want. It’s the same decisions.” @nycdivorcelaw @SisterhoodSweat
- “We all want a cheerleader. We want someone who boosts us up and makes us feel beautiful or handsome.” @nycdivorcelaw @SisterhoodSweat
- “There’s nothing more important then paying attention.” @nycdivorcelaw @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with James:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!