Are you ready to understand menopause? Have you been worried about menopause? In this episode, we dive into learning the truth about menopause, perimenopause, and post-menopause. Today’s episode aims to give women the correct information in order to help more women embrace these changes, instead of fearing them.
In this episode, I talk with Shirley Weir, author and menopause expert, joins us to discuss the importance of navigating menopause with knowledge. She talks about her own experiences dealing with perimenopause and nutrition. She discusses why women don’t need to be afraid of menopause. We also discuss what people can expect in perimenopause and postmenopause, and what you can do to feel your best through the whole process. Shirley founded Menopause Chicks to create a community of knowledge and support for women dealing with menopause. We discuss the myths around menopause and the real truths that women need to know.
Questions I asked:
- What drove you to write your book?
- Was this your first book?
- What are your tips for people in perimenopause?
- What is menopause, perimenopause, and postmenopause?
- How can we beat the brain fog?
- How can we reduce our stress hormones?
- How do adrenal glands effect the body?
- Why did you throw a Menopause party?
- What was it like taking over Oprah’s twitter?
- Tell us about your private online community?
- Using Dr. Google to get Support.
- What Mokita is about, and why it was important.
- Menopause does not mean getting old.
- Why being informed is so important.
- How to deal with perimenopause.
- How to accept your body.
- Embracing healthy menopause.
- Menopause is a wake-up call.
- How eating, moving and sleeping impacts your menopause.
Quotes from the show:
- “When we do talk about them, we feel better, we feel empowered.” @shirleyweir @SisterhoodSweat
- “I got in the best shape of my life when I was going through menopause.” @shirleyweir @SisterhoodSweat
- “My ultimate vision would be that every 35-year-old woman knows about perimenopause, and knows what to expect.” @shirleyweir @SisterhoodSweat
- “Get as informed about menopause as you possibly can.” @shirleyweir @SisterhoodSweat
- “Focus first on how we eat, move and sleep before you jump to the vitamin aisle.” @shirleyweir @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Shirley:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!