Let’s talk about the way you eat. You’ve heard of Keto and Vegetarian, but have you heard of Ketoterian? Today, we’re discussing our bodies, our nutrition, and how to know if we’re giving out body the foods it actually needs. Instead of following one diet, we look at how we can reduce our inflammation, and find food peace.
In this episode I talk with Dr. Will Cole, leading functional-medicine expert, about his personal journey to nutrition, and how he helps people figure out what your body loves and hates when it comes to food. He specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing health programs for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal dysfunctions, digestive disorders, and brain problems. We discuss how inflammation exists on a spectrum within the body, the various systems it can affect, and how you can discover your individual food triggers to overcome chronic inflammation. He also shares the powerful benefits of a ketogenic diet with a plant-based one.
Questions I asked:
- How did you get started in health & wellness?
- Do you think growing up focused on health was important?
- What is being a ketoterian?
- How flexible is ketoterian diet?
- How to get signs of inflammation?
- What about coffee?
- What beans should we be using?
- What is your take on carbs, and what do you recommend?
- Why would you say to people who drink breakfast?
- What are your books about?
- The importance of sustainable sourced food.
- The difference between keto and ketoterian.
- Dangers of inflammation.
- What questions to ask about yourself
- Knowing when you need to get some help.
- Check Engine lights in your health.
- How your stresses, relationships and devices effect you.
- Doing the OMAD Diet
Quotes from the show:
- “Let’s come together, let’s be positive.” @drwillcole @SisterhoodSweat
- “We need more food peace, and less food wars.” @drwillcole @SisterhoodSweat
- “So many health problems are inflammatory in nature.” @drwillcole @SisterhoodSweat
- “People don’t need food wars anymore. We get caught up in small details and it makes more stress.” @drwillcole @SisterhoodSweat
- “You don’t have to eat like a rabbit to be healthy.” @drwillcole @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Dr. Will:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!