Are you finding it hard to stay strong? Have you been losing hope? In this episode, we discuss how grace, god, and grit can get you through almost anything in your life. Sharon has struggled through child loss, cancer and other adversities in her life, and she continues to keep moving forward and making the world better.
In this episode I talk with Sharon Delaney McCloud, Emmy Award-winning journalist, cancer survivor, and bereaved mother, joins us to discuss her personal experiences using grit and gratitude to face any of the adversity in her life. We discuss the journey she went through with her daughter, finding your own resilience, balancing your professional with your personal life. This conversation goes deep and we don’t hold back, so be prepared for some tears, but this is a very inspiring conversation to help you find your own grit.
Questions I asked:
- Can you give people a background on who you are?
- How did you pick yourself up and keep going?
- What are your top tips for speaking to bereaved parents?
- Linda gives words of advice to get into a workout routine.
- Can you give us 10 tips for resilience?
- Where can listeners get the download, and connect with you?
- Experiencing Ireland
- Eating Meat Free
- Raising a child while working in journalism
- Dealing with child illness and child loss.
- Childhood Leukemia.
- Overcoming negative circumstances.
- Doing a TED Talk on talking to bereaved parents.
- Facing loss in your life.
- Tips for resilience.
Quotes from the show:
- “I take my grief and throw myself into all things with tenacity.” @SharonDMcCloud @SisterhoodSweat
- “I took that courage Macy taught me, and started my own company.” @SharonDMcCloud @SisterhoodSweat
- “Face everything with bravery.” @SharonDMcCloud @SisterhoodSweat
- “We can’t just lay down and not face reality. We have a son who needs his parents back.” @SharonDMcCloud @SisterhoodSweat
- “There is no word for a parent who loses a child.” @SharonDMcCloud @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Sharon Delaney McCloud:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!