Are you needing some inspiration? Have you been struggling with the current situation? In this episode, we bring powerful motivation and the idea of finding an opportunity in your struggles. In this episode, we look at how we can overcome the things in our life, big or small, and push through to a victory.
In this episode, I talk with Brant and Kyle Pease. A four-time IRONMAN triathlete, Kyle Pease has a career total of more than 75 races. Since 2011, he and his brother, Brent, have competed in races across the country, most recently becoming the first brother duo in history to complete the grueling IRONMAN World Championship in Kona, Hawaii. Born with Cerebral Palsy, Kyle has strived for life beyond his wheelchair, and Brent is a multi-sport coach with Dynamo Multisport as well as the Executive Director of the Kyle Pease Foundation. They share how they focus to complete these tough events, and how to overcome the obstacles in front of them. Kyle shares how he views his disability as an opportunity to inspire people. This is one episode not to miss.
Questions I asked:
- Can you tell us a bit about how you grew up?
- Why was your first race such a transformational moment?
- What would you like to tell people about overcoming obstacles?
- How did you feel when you finished your first race?
- Can you explain the message you’re putting out?
- What are each of your roles in the race?
- How are you so resilient?
- How do you think people can find opportunity in disability, or during our pandemic?
- What does being in service of your brother do for you?
- How do you train for an Ironman?
- What do you say to yourself to keep going?
- How do we find our finish?
- Do you have a favorite quote?
- Growing up with disability.
- Overcoming obstacles.
- Try to say YES.
- Find your gratitude.
- How racing brought the brothers closer.
- Finding motivation when things are hard.
- Training for an Ironman.
- The importance of pulling together.
Quotes from the show:
- “Life's a marathon, and so is the journey for Ironman.” @WalkingwithKP @SisterhoodSweat
- “So much of our youth was focused on sports, and it plays out today as we find ways to share our passion.” @WalkingwithKP @SisterhoodSweat
- “Even though I’m confined to a wheelchair, I’m going to find a way to participate.” @WalkingwithKP @SisterhoodSweat
- “We never truly got to play sports together, not in that way, until we did that first race..” @WalkingwithKP @SisterhoodSweat
- “I look at my disability as an Opportunity.” @WalkingwithKP @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Brant and Kyle:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!