Are you interested in gut health? Have you been worried about your overall health? In this episode we dive into maintaining our youth as long as possible, as well as the importance of probiotics and antibiotics together. This is the perfect episode if you’re trying to improve your health. In this episode I talk with Ross Pelton, a pharmacist, clinical nutritionist a health educator and the author of 11 books, joins us to discuss all thing health. He is the scientific director for Essential Formulas, Incorporated. We discuss the importance of gut health, and the science behind the “second brain” in your gut. We also discuss Postbiotic Metabolites, and how to keep ourselves young and health based on our diet. This episode is packed.
Questions I asked:
- How did you become a natural pharmacist?
- How do probiotics work?
- Why does fiber matter in our diet?
- What is microbiome, and why is it important?
- Why do probiotics matter in our body?
- Is there a way to measure the bacteria in our gut?
- Does your pH have any impact on your gut?
- How do we know that our probiotics are working?
- Would you recommend a colonic?
- Why do we need probiotics with our antibiotics?
- How does probiotic and gut health help with weight loss?
- What do we need to make sure we have a complete microbiome system?
- Why is drinking water good for your digestion?
- Gut health.
- Natural pharmacist.
- Fiber in our diets.
- Our overall gut health.
- The genetic conundrum.
- Lemon juice.
- Rapid microbiome repair.
- More energy.
Quotes from the show:
- “You need diversity in your sources of fiber.” Ross Pelton @SisterhoodSweat
- “90% of children and adults aren’t getting the required amount of fiber.” Ross Pelton @SisterhoodSweat
- “The microbiome is the term we use to refer to bacteria in your gastrointestinal system.” Ross Pelton @SisterhoodSweat
- “The microbiome is an ecosystem.” Ross Pelton @SisterhoodSweat
- “We are a superorganism; we are US plus THEM our bacteria. You are eating to feed them.” Ross Pelton @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Ross:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!