Are you interested in fitness competitions? Have you been worried about weight loss and dieting? In this episode, we dive into the culture of fitness competitions, the struggle to diet for an event or competition, and how easy it is for your diet to take over your life. In this episode I talk with Kim Barnes Jefferson, a travel junkie, master coach, podcast host, and lifestyle engineer, joins us to discuss how she went from fitness competitor to fitness coach. She talks about her own experiences with dieting taking over her life, and why her passion is to help women lose weight while also enjoying their lives. We discuss all things health, including routine, habits, small wins and so much more.
Questions I asked:
- Can you tell listeners how you got started on this journey?
- How did you become the honesty coach?
- How long did you compete for?
- What made you stop and decide to get into coaching?
- How do you help people reach a goal?
- Why are small goals important?
- Doesn’t it all come down to habits?
- Why do we need a routine?
- Why does self-talk make a difference?
- What advice do you have for listeners?
- Weight loss.
- Fitness Competitions
- Making small changes to lose weight.
- Why keto isn’t for everyone.
- Knowing how to make healthy choices.
- Embracing a stumble.
- Diet shouldn’t control your life.
- Ignore the scale.
- Make a routine.
Quotes from the show:
- “I want to know what it feels like to be a regular person, instead of a fitness competitor.” @kjeffersoncoach @SisterhoodSweat
- “Start with small goals, and let it be what it is.” @kjeffersoncoach @SisterhoodSweat
- “It’s time to hang up the clear heels and create another identity when you’re not excited.” @kjeffersoncoach @SisterhoodSweat
- “Your whole world ends up revolving around when you’re going to the gym and you’re missing family things.” @kjeffersoncoach @SisterhoodSweat
- “Willpower isn’t going to knock on your door.” @kjeffersoncoach @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Kim:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!