Are you interested in overcoming obstacles? Have you been worried about your mindset? In this episode we dive into getting our mindset right, facing down our obstacles, and coming out of adversity stronger. It’s time to embrace the pain and see what it’s trying to tell us. In this episode, I talk with Todd Durkin, MA, CSCS. He is an internationally recognized strength, speed, and conditioning coach, personal trainer, bodyworker, motivational speaker, and author who motivates, educates, and inspires people worldwide. He is the founder of Fitness Quest 10 in San Diego, CA, a world-class facility that provides personal training, strength and conditioning, therapeutic massage and bodywork, Pilates, yoga, nutrition, chiropractic, and physical therapy programs. In today’s episode, we dive into his backstory, how an injury led him to his greatest purpose, and why we need to dig deep to overcome obstacles and adversity in order to succeed in our lives. This episode is pure fire, don't miss it.
Questions I asked:
- You had a life changing injury; can you tell everyone about that?
- What are some of the tools to help us overcome adversity?
- How do we tap into those whispers and recognize them?
- Why is it important to fill our cup?
- Why should we focus on what we can do?
- What do you do to get yourself filled up?
- How do we tap into the power inside of us?
- How did you get so clear on your why?
- How do we take the leap to the next level without fear?
- Tell them about your book, podcast and where people can reach you!
- Owning a business.
- Coming back from an injury.
- Getting your mind right.
- Embracing the pain.
- Keeping faith.
- Why exercise is important.
- Serving others and being honest.
- Embrace the silence and become quiet.
- Dealing with anxiety and stress.
- Filling up your own cup first.
- Tapping into our inner power.
- Trust and belief.
Quotes from the show:
- “Every day you’ve got to win the battle in your mind.” @ToddDurkin @SisterhoodSweat
- “Embrace the pain and find out what it is trying to tell you.” @ToddDurkin @SisterhoodSweat
- “Training is not optional, it’s mandatory to get your mind right.” @ToddDurkin @SisterhoodSweat
- “Today I am going to make it a winning day.” @ToddDurkin @SisterhoodSweat
- “How can I serve more right now?” @ToddDurkin @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Todd:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!