Are you struggling with emotional eating? Have you been trying to lose weight and failing? In this episode, we look at the struggles of emotional eating and how we can overcome them. We all have probably faced emotional eating this year, with quarantine, and all the things 2020 threw at us. In this episode, I talk with Jessica Procini, who is on a mission to help high-achieving women who are change-makers heal the roots of their emotional eating so they can use food as fuel rather than a way to cope, soothe and attempt to escape their busy, stressful life. She joins us to discuss the psychology of eating, and how she broke free from her eating struggles.
Questions I asked:
- Can you tell us your story?
- What are the free root triggers?
- What is emotional eating?
- You have a tool for emotional eating, what is it?
- Why should we slow down our eating experience?
- Why did you create your program?
- What are the next steps for someone struggling with emotional eating?
- What would you like to leave people with today?
- Emotional Eating.
- Surface level changes.
- Tackling fear.
- Why are you eating.
- Facing your own issues.
- Guided meditation.
- Slow down your eating experience.
- Getting help.
- Finding peace.
Quotes from the show:
- “I didn’t want to feel like I had to get rid of a part of me to be free.” @jessprocini @SisterhoodSweat
- “I had all of this education around health & fitness, and still felt compulsive around food.” @jessprocini @SisterhoodSweat
- “We all deserve peace in our relationship with food.” @jessprocini @SisterhoodSweat
- “Healing a compulsive pattern is an inside job.” @jessprocini @SisterhoodSweat
- “If you’re taking food, and using it for another purpose like joy or safety, it’s emotional eating.” @jessprocini @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Jessica:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!