Are you interested in becoming the CEO of your own life? Have you been struggling with your fitness? In this episode, we dive into why we need to build mental toughness to reach our goals. In this episode I talk with David Pereira, a Navy Combat Veteran and Purple Heart Recipient is the owner of Fenix, a personal training facility located in New Jersey, and the creator of the Beyond Fitness program. David joins us to discuss the way YOU show up is how things show up. We dig into mindset and motivation today, to help you reach those big goals by taking small steps today. We talk about getting accountability and support for your big plans, and how we can stick to our goals and overcome obstacles.
Questions I asked:
- How is owning a gym during a pandemic been?
- Do you think your personal drive stems from your military training?
- What do you think are qualities of a great leader?
- How did you become a gym owner and create your brand?
- How can people be more mentally tough?
- Why do coaches need coaches?
- How do we remove limiting beliefs?
- How can we maintain better discipline?
- How can we make sure to reach our goals?
- What does “how you do one thing, is how you do everything” mean?
- Why should we use our story?
- What do you think your main takeaway from getting your Purple Heart?
- Where can people find you online?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Pivoting during a pandemic.
- How to be a good leader.
- Owning a gym.
- Being mentally tough.
- Life as a veteran.
- Limiting beliefs
- Fitness & accountability.
- Having a clear purpose.
Quotes from the show:
- “The way that good leaders lead is how they’d want to be led.” @davidpereirafitness @SisterhoodSweat
- “Do what you say you’re going to without compromise.” @davidpereirafitness @SisterhoodSweat
- “Don’t let anyone’s lies to get to you.” @davidpereirafitness @SisterhoodSweat
- “If your workout comes and goes, and you learn nothing about mental fitness, you lost an opportunity.” @davidpereirafitness @SisterhoodSweat
- “Your success over time is dependent on how well and how long you want to do the basics.” @davidpereirafitness @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with David:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!