Are you interested in endurance events? Have you been told you couldn’t do something? Today we dive into the importance of mindset, whether it is in endurance events or in your personal life. In this episode, I talk with Lisa Tamati, Author, Documentary filmmaker, Podcast host, coach, and endurance athlete. Lisa joins us to discuss her experience with endurance events, training, and overcoming obstacles. She talks about how she overcome an abusive relationship, as well as helping her mother heal from an aneurysm. She discusses how easy it can be to let ourselves accept treatment we don’t deserve, and how to come back from massive tragedy in our lives to really reach our best selves. We really dig deep into why having mental toughness is the key to so much good in your life.
Questions I asked:
- Can you tell us about how you started out?
- What made you start running?
- Tell us more about your relationship?
- How did you get out of that relationship?
- How did you get your power back after that relationship?
- How do you recognize a pattern of abuse?
- How does mental toughness and emotional resilience come into play?
- How did your mom’s medical journey impact you?
- What are some tips on overcoming obstacles and fear?
- Why isn’t talent as important as mindset?
- Why is it important to go all in for a challenge?
- Why is knowing when to quit is a good thing?
- What’s the most you’ve run for a race?
- What are your three tips for getting to ultra-marathon distance?
- Beating the odds.
- Medical adversity.
- Not giving up.
- Mental toughness.
- Why we need persistence.
- How to get up after tragedy.
- Endurance training.
- Abusive relationships.
- Building confidence.
- Building resilience.
Quotes from the show:
- “The relationship started good, but over time the power shifted, and it became an abusive relationship.” @lisaytamati @SisterhoodSweat
- “Leave behind the people who want to put limitations on you.” @lisaytamati @SisterhoodSweat
- “It was the first time I decided to do something just for ME.” @lisaytamati @SisterhoodSweat
- “Endurance Races builds you up in confidence to face things.” @lisaytamati @SisterhoodSweat
- “It’s not okay to be told you’re useless. It’s not okay to let that power be taken away from you.” @lisaytamati @SisterhoodSweat
- “You’re going to fail, and you have to learn to get back up.” @lisaytamati @SisterhoodSweat
- “Take control of your own life, don’t give up control to someone else.” @lisaytamati @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Lisa:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!