Are you interested in menopause? Have you been struggling with getting older? In this episode we dive into learning more from the menopause expert, everything menopause is on the table and we’re going to get the answers you’ve been looking for. In this episode I talk with Vanessa Ford, cofounder of Menolabs, who focuses on women’s issues during the perimenopausal/ menopausal transition. Vanessa was prompted to action when, at 44, she began her own transition into menopause. Unsatisfied with the lack of support that women experience during this stage of life and finding the stereotypes of women in mid-life exasperating and insulting, she created MenoLabs to address what she sees as a glaring need in every woman’s life. Today, we get right to the tough questions about menopause. We discuss real solutions for our menopause issues. We also talk about the fear and embarrassment around this time in our lives, and so much more.
Questions I asked:
- Can you give us your whole story?
- What was your perimenopausal journey?
- Why do they put women on anti-depressants when they hit menopause?
- What are some natural ways to mitigate menopause symptoms?
- How to probiotics help women in menopause?
- Can exercise be bad during menopause?
- What about memory loss during menopause?
- How do we deal with hot flashes?
- Does soy & flaxseed some into play in menopause?
- How does caffeine effect menopause?
- Do you have advice for low sex drive during menopause?
- What can women do to combat vagina dryness?
- Tell us about your app, and how does it help?
- How does estrogen effect sleep cycles?
- Does our sleep effect our weight gain?
- How can everyone get your book?
- Tell us about your sleep supplement.
- What is your favorite quote?
- Menopause and Perimenopause
- Fear of Aging.
- How to deal with perimenopause.
- Embracing healthy menopause.
- Finding ways to balance your hormones.
- Natural ways to deal with menopause issues.
- Understanding Phytoestrogens.
- Doing research for menopause.
Quotes from the show:
- “The whole point is to fundamentally change the way we talk about menopause.” @MenoLabs @SisterhoodSweat
- “We have fear around menopause because we are uneducated about it.” @MenoLabs @SisterhoodSweat
- “Women will spend $20,000 in their lifetime to mitigate symptoms around menopause.” @MenoLabs @SisterhoodSweat
- “Your body is not producing enough estrogen, and it’s critical to every system in our body.” @MenoLabs @SisterhoodSweat
- “Look into probiotics to help menopause symptoms.” @MenoLabs @SisterhoodSweat
- “There is no magic pill for menopause. You need to do your research and talk to your doctor.” @MenoLabs @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Vanessa:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!