Are you interested in building confidence? Do you have a daughter in sports, or have you had an injury? This is going to be a perfect episode for you. We dive into building confidence, succeeding in sports, and finding your own winning mindset, especially after a setback. In this episode, I talk with Shay Haddow, an expert coach, author, podcast host, and speaker on confidence and mindset for female athletes. She has worked with hundreds of youth female athletes and college teams from across the country; supporting girl athletes to build unshakable confidence so they can live and play to their fullest potential. She talks about her own struggles with confidence and injury during her own athletic career. She discusses why it’s important to break from our limitations to reach our best potential. Shay also shares some tips to help you bounce back from failure to success and build that powerful mindset.
Questions I asked:
- How did you become this confident person?
- Can you tell us about your experience with injury?
- How can we build confidence after an injury?
- Why is being not good enough a myth?
- How can people visualize their dreams?
- How does visualization work for an injury?
- How do we use positive affirmations, and how do we create them?
- How do we get rid of comparison?
- What do we do to stop focusing on perfectionism?
- How can I help our children avoiding feeling like they aren’t enough?
- What are some of the tools in your toolkit for building confidence?
- Can you tell us what your book & course is about?
- Building confidence.
- Female athletes.
- Avoiding perfectionism.
- Imposter syndrome.
- Dealing with injury.
- Winning mindset.
Quotes from the show:
- “When it comes to confidence, it all starts with your thoughts.” @shayhaddow @SisterhoodSweat
- “You need to give yourself grace, instead of trying to be who you were.” @shayhaddow @SisterhoodSweat
- “We are either thinking about our past, or our future instead of who we are now.” @shayhaddow @SisterhoodSweat
- “The stories you’ve told yourself, they are not true.” @shayhaddow @SisterhoodSweat
- “Where you put your mind is where your energy flows, so let’s choose empowering thoughts.” @shayhaddow @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Shay:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!