Are you interested in building your business? Have you been struggling to find community? Today, we’re getting outside the box, and discussing all things motherhood, sisterhood, and connection. In this episode I talk with Sarah Olin and Anna Conathan, the founders of LUMO. In case you don’t know, LUMO is a collective of certified life and leadership coaches and trainers: run by mothers, for mothers. We use the tools, principles, and philosophies of leadership coaching to empower women around motherhood, their careers, their relationships, and any other areas of their lives where they are feeling unmoored, disempowered, or not living up to their full potential. These ladies discuss the importance of having the uncomfortable conversations. We discuss burnout, balance, and connecting with other women as well. Today’s discussion also deals with setting healthy boundaries and delegating when you need to. It’s jam packed, don’t miss this.
Questions I asked:
- How does sisterhood help bring women together?
- How did LUMO come around?
- Why are mother’s great employees?
- Why is there so much guilt put on women?
- How do we let go of those messages?
- How can we get away from people pleasing?
- Why is it important to set boundaries?
- Do we need to have the tough conversations?
- How can we find more balance in our day?
- How do we find happiness in our life?
- How do you coach women who aren’t truly happy?
- How do we figure out what is in the way?
- How does Lucious Mother theory of trickle-down mom-economics work?
- What is Lucious Mother?
- Where can everyone find you?
- Being a career mother.
- Fear of losing success during pregnancy.
- The importance of sisterhood.
- Having tough conversation.
- Setting healthy boundaries.
- Avoiding burnout.
- Supporting other women.
- How to manage people.
Quotes from the show:
- “I want a career, and I want to be a great mother, I want to be a great wife, and I’m not letting any of those go.” Lucious Mother @SisterhoodSweat
- “We’ve got to do a better job of respecting, elevating and being a champion for women.” Lucious Mother @SisterhoodSweat
- “Parenting is the longest game of improv that you will ever play.” Lucious Mother @SisterhoodSweat
- “A Mom’s capacity expands as necessary. Moms can handle everything.” Lucious Mother @SisterhoodSweat
- “You can have 5 minutes of uncomfortable, or years of pain.” Lucious Mother @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Lumo:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!