Are you interested in weight loss? Have you been struggling with counting calories? In this episode, we dive into the science behind weight loss. Today, I talk with Dr. Ashley Lucas. She holds a Ph.D. in Sports nutrition and chronic disease and is also a Registered Dietitian (RD). Following 15+ years of research and clinical practice, Dr. Lucas developed PHD’s science-based approach that revolutionized the science of weight loss. Her approach focuses on metabolic wellness, inflammation reduction, and behavioral/emotional support that creates profound sustainable transformation in the body and mind. She joins us to discuss her approach to weight loss, as well as the dangers of restrictive dieting. We dive into many of the weight loss secrets that Dr. Ashley knows, and the first steps to a sustainable weight loss experience.
Questions I asked:
- Where are you from?
- Where are you currently living?
- What are the secrets to weight loss, and are they really secret?
- How did you get into weight loss?
- Did you go through an identity crisis?
- Why do you say weight gain isn’t our fault?
- What do we do to fix weight loss?
- What goes into successful weight loss?
- Can you tell us about the yo-yo phenomenon?
- Why is nutrition more than calories in and calories out?
- What kind of holistic approach did you take to help your clients lose weight?
- What can we do to get rid of cravings?
- Why is exercising not a great weight loss tool?
- How much do you think stress impacts people’s weight loss?
- What is one of your favorite client success stories?
- What are a few tips for everyone on their own transition?
- Where can everyone get your book, and get in touch with you?
- A holistic approach to weight loss.
- Recovery process.
- Stress and weight loss.
- Exercise isn’t a great weight-loss tool.
- Getting rid of cravings.
- Emotions with weight loss.
- The smarter way to weight loss.
- Eating timing.
- Mental approach to weight loss.
Quotes from the show:
- “We’ve been told for so long weight gain is our fault. I don’t believe that.” @PHD_WeightLoss @SisterhoodSweat
- “We have triggers in our life that change the way we tolerate food.” @PHD_WeightLoss @SisterhoodSweat
- “I had discipline, and calories in and calories out wasn’t working for me, and it didn’t seem to work for others.” @PHD_WeightLoss @SisterhoodSweat
- “The risk of re-gaining weight is 90%.” @PHD_WeightLoss @SisterhoodSweat
- “It’s not just the nutrition, or the science of when to eat, but 80% come from the mind.” @PHD_WeightLoss @SisterhoodSweat
- “Weight loss is an addiction recovery process.” @PHD_WeightLoss @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Dr. Ashley:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!