Are you interested in healing leaky gut? Have you been struggling with your overall health? Today, we’re learning all about getting our gut health into alignment. In this episode, I talk with Dr. Peter Kozlowski, Functional Medicine M.D. Dr. Peter uses a broad array of tools to find the source of the body's dysfunction: he takes the time to listen to his patients and plots their history on a timeline, considering what makes them unique and co-creating with them a truly individualized care plan. Today, we’re diving into gut health. He also shares some great tips to get your body into alignment. We discuss different styles of eating, supplement use and why therapy can be so important in the healing journey. He’s got great advice to unfunc your gut today.
Questions I asked:
- Why did you move from Chicago to Montana?
- How is afraid impacted your patient’s gut health during the pandemic?
- What tests do you run for people?
- Do you work with people online?
- How do we tell if we’re having issues with leaky gut?
- What is leaky gut?
- Can you tell if you have a leaky gut without a test?
- With SIBO come from taking too many probiotics?
- What do you have people go through to heal their gut?
- Does your book help arthritis too?
- Can you explain the difference between functional medicine compared to traditional medicine?
- Can you discuss the mind, body, brain connection to the gut?
- What are some of the things you have people do in their daily routine that help their mental, emotional, and spiritual health?
- What can people do to recognize their stress?
- What are the most common toxins you find in people?
- What are your thoughts on intermittent fasting?
- Do you use bone broth or anything during your fasts?
- Where can everyone get your book and find you online?
- Gut health.
- Emotional health.
- Use of probiotics.
- Low Fodmap diet.
- Healing gut issues.
Quotes from the show:
- “What I care most about is mental, emotional, and spiritual health.” Dr. Peter Kozlowski @SisterhoodSweat
- “You can shut down your good bacteria from growing depending on how stressed you are.” Dr. Peter Kozlowski @SisterhoodSweat
- “The key to gut health is mental, emotional, and spiritual health.” Dr. Peter Kozlowski @SisterhoodSweat
- “You wouldn’t ever feel leaky gut, it could present as a number of other things.” Dr. Peter Kozlowski @SisterhoodSweat
- “Usually step one to heal the gut is through an elimination diet.” Dr. Peter Kozlowski @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Dr. Peter:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!