Are you interested in public speaking? Have you been worried about using video for your business? Then you need to listen to today’s episode. In this episode I talk with Brenden Kumarasamy. He is the founder of MasterTalk, he coaches ambitious executives & entrepreneurs to become the top 1% of communicators in their industry. He also has a popular YouTube channel called MasterTalk, with the goal of providing free access to communication tools for everyone in the world. Today, Brenden shares with us all of his steps to mastering your talk, as well as how he crafts a great presentation. We talk about activities you can do to improve your public speaking, and also how to find your message. This episode is packed to the brim with advice for speaking to an audience, your clients, and even yourself!
Questions I asked:
- How’d you get started in communication?
- How do you help someone craft a speech?
- What are your three exercises to master your talk?
- How do you gear a speech to a large audience?
- How can people get better on video?
- Why do social posts that aren’t staged do better?
- What factors help a person make a great presentation?
- Should we script or outline our speech?
- What are some tips to help with butterflies when speaking?
- How do we craft a good message?
- Why should we choose to follow our dreams?
- How can people find you online?
- Do you coach people one-on-one, or just group coaching?
- Giving a speech.
- Recording Video.
- Build a speech like a puzzle.
- Become a great speaker.
- Random word exercise.
- Being exciting.
- Getting over stage fright.
Quotes from the show:
- “Practice your speeches like a jigsaw puzzle.” @masteryourtalks @SisterhoodSweat
- “We may not be famous to everyone, but we are to our clients.” @masteryourtalks @SisterhoodSweat
- “Video messages take 20 seconds; I can do that.” @masteryourtalks @SisterhoodSweat
- “What are 3 ideas you can share in your presentation?” @masteryourtalks @SisterhoodSweat
- “Don’t let the fear win, let the message come out.” @masteryourtalks @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Brenden:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"