Are you interested in changing your habits? Have you been struggling to figure out what path to take? Today, I talk with Karen Maxwell. Kinisi Performance was founded by Karen "Kmax" Maxwell, Senior Master Instructor and Director of Training at CycleBar, the premier name in indoor cycling. Kmax oversees over 2000 instructors worldwide while teaching multiple classes a week, giving her a unique perspective on the fitness landscape and culture. Kinisi is a reflection of that perspective, offering products that support and represent the SweatLife. We discuss being vulnerable, and why owning who you are is the most impactful thing you can do. Karen also shares the importance of not getting up comparing yourself to others and taking some time to make sure you know what you really want in life.
Questions I asked:
- How did you become the director of training at CycleBar?
- What made the difference for CycleBar to survive COVID?
- Why is connection so important?
- How do you deal with comparison and owning who we are?
- Why are influencers online not the reality for most people?
- Why is it important to be vulnerable to connect with people?
- How does storytelling impact us?
- Why is there no such thing as a timeline you need to follow?
- How do you let your children have room to make their own decisions?
- How does being fit and strong inside and out empower you?
- Why is it important to have your energy in the right place?
- Can you tell us where to find you, and what your business is?
- Managing stress.
- Finding your passion.
- Group Fitness
Quotes from the show:
- “I’m tired of people telling me NO, I’m a YES girl.” Karen Maxwell @SisterhoodSweat
- “We need connection and interaction and human to human exchange.” Karen Maxwell @SisterhoodSweat
- “I didn’t figure out my passion until my 30s, and I was seeing other people doing it sooner.” Karen Maxwell @SisterhoodSweat
- “It takes work to be able to avoid comparison.” Karen Maxwell @SisterhoodSweat
- “Life is too short to let comparisons drag you down.” Karen Maxwell @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Karen:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"