Are you interested in healthy menopause? Have you been worried about your gut health? In this episode we dive into Today, I talk with Esther Blum. She is an Integrative Dietitian and High-Performance Coach. She has a virtual practice where she helps people permanently lose weight, balance hormones, heal the gut, and reverse chronic health struggles. In today’s episode, we discuss all things hormones, at all stages in your life. We discuss issues of menopause, as well as tips and science behind some of the worst symptoms of menopause. We also discuss bone density, the importance of sleep, and so much more. This episode is packed with knowledge for you, no matter where you are in the menopause cycle.
Questions I asked:
- What have you been up to since the last time you were on?
- What are your tips to breeze through menopause?
- What are some common mistakes women make in their diet and exercise in menopause?
- What natural supplements can women take to help during menopause?
- How does the liver play into healthy menopause?
- What are some ways to get estrogen without medicine?
- Can you tell us more about hormone replacement therapy?
- What diets work well for people in menopause?
- What carbs are good to eat before bed?
- Why is hydration so important?
- How do we stop “old lady skin”?
- How do you avoid burning out your adrenal glands?
- What can we do to make sure we get enough rest?
- How can vegans or vegetarians get their protein in?
- What tests should women get from their doctor for their hormones?
- How can people get in contact with you?
- Sleeping habits.
- Gut health.
- Paleo eating for women.
- Hormones with paleo.
- Embracing healthy menopause.
- Finding ways to balance your hormones.
- Fighting Belly fat.
- Drinking on HRT.
- Diet in menopause.
- Supporting your adrenals
Quotes from the show:
- “This book just poured out of me. It’s for women who need a voice and advocate.” @EstherBlum @SisterhoodSweat
- “Antidepressants will fix hot flashes, but they don’t fix root cause or gut health.” @EstherBlum @SisterhoodSweat
- “Changing the composition of your calories is more helpful in menopause.” @EstherBlum @SisterhoodSweat
- “Eating carbs at night raises your insulin, lowers your cortisol, and helps you relax.” @EstherBlum @SisterhoodSweat
- “You need to detox your estrogen properly, some of it happens in the gut.” @EstherBlum @SisterhoodSweat
- “One change can impact your life.” @EstherBlum @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Esther:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!