Do you have children? Have you been worried about bullying in school? Then this is the perfect episode for you. In this episode I talk with Jennifer Fraser, best-selling author, and award-winning educator. She has a PhD in Comparative Literature, and her online courses and workshops provide dynamic lessons in the impact neuroscience has on personal development and culture change. Her new book, The Bullied Brain: Heal Your Scars and Restore Your Health delves into how bullying affects the brain and how the brain can heal. We discuss how to not only survive bullying, but how to push back against the entrenched role it plays in society. We also talk about how bullied individual’s brains show anatomical differences that prevent them from responding in healthy ways to confrontation or persuasion, and so much more!
Questions I asked:
- Can you tell us your story of abuse?
- Did you tell anyone about your abuse?
- Can you share your camping trip experience?
- Why do we feel shame?
- How did you deal with your son’s bullying in school?
- How can you help your child deal with bullying?
- Can we see bullying’s effect on brain screenings?
- How does dealing with bullying daily effect your body?
- How can a wife deal with a husband who yells at her?
- Can you tell us about the brain science behind bullying’s effects?
- If someone is being bullied right now, what can they do?
- What can a victim due in the situation where the abuse is covert?
- What have you done to heal post abuse?
- How does trauma inhibit performance?
- Can you tell us about your new book?
- Sexual abuse.
- Bullying in school.
- Power dynamics.
- Writing a book.
- After effects of abuse.
- Social predator.
Quotes from the show:
- “Children don’t have the language to know the feeling of violated.” @bulliedbrain @SisterhoodSweat
- “The brain makes you feel shame to protect you.” @bulliedbrain @SisterhoodSweat
- “If someone is holding your life in their hands, it’s easier to be a victim.” @bulliedbrain @SisterhoodSweat
- “It’s hammered into kids, that a teacher has the value to tell you what you’re worth.” @bulliedbrain @SisterhoodSweat
- “I’ve been trying to put myself back together for the last 40 years.” @bulliedbrain @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Jennifer:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"