Are you interested in healing leaky gut? Have you been struggling with your overall health? Today, we’re learning all about getting our gut health into alignment. In this episode, I talk with Dr. Peter Kozlowski, Functional Medicine M.D. Dr. Peter uses a broad array of tools to find the source of the body's dysfunction: he takes the time to listen to his patients and plots their history on a timeline, considering what makes them unique and co-creating with them a truly individualized care plan. Today, we’re diving into gut health. He also shares some great tips to get your body into alignment. We discuss different styles of eating, supplement use and why therapy can be so important in the healing journey. He’s got great advice to unfunc your gut today.
Questions I asked:
- People don’t often talk about a link between hormones and toxins. Why is that?
- What sort of toxins do we encounter on a daily basis?
- How do they affect our hormones?
- You say that there are 7 common hormone imbalances in the human body. What are those?
- How do toxins trigger those imbalances?
- What are some steps listeners can take right now to correct those imbalances?
- What should we be on the lookout for as we age?
- Is there really such a thing as hormone balance?
- Can hormones be damaged beyond repair with toxins?
- Where can listeners learn more?
- Gut health.
- Emotional health.
- Hormone Imbalance
- Use of probiotics.
- Low Fodmap diet.
- Healing gut issues.
Quotes from the show:
- “What I care most about is mental, emotional, and spiritual health.” Dr. Peter Kozlowski @SisterhoodSweat
- “You can shut down your good bacteria from growing depending on how stressed you are.” Dr. Peter Kozlowski @SisterhoodSweat
- “The key to gut health is mental, emotional, and spiritual health.” Dr. Peter Kozlowski @SisterhoodSweat
- “You wouldn’t ever feel leaky gut, it could present as a number of other things.” Dr. Peter Kozlowski @SisterhoodSweat
- “Usually step one to heal the gut is through an elimination diet.” Dr. Peter Kozlowski @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Dr. Peter:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!