Are you interested in living your best life? Have you been struggling to balance everything? Today, we dive into learning more about our overall health, as well as how intermittent fasting works. In this episode, I talk with Wendie Trubow, M.D., MBA. She is a functional medicine gynecologist. She received her M.D. from Tufts University in 2000 and has been practicing functional medicine since 2009. After all these years, she is still passionate about helping women optimize their health and their lives. There are so many different challenges in a woman’s life: work, home, relationships, spirituality, and health, and they all matter! While her credentials allow Trubow a solid medical backdrop to help women achieve vitality, her own health journey has also inspired and supported her methods of care. Through her struggles with mold and metal toxicity, Celiac disease, and a variety of other health issues, Trubow has developed a deep sense of compassion for what her patients are facing. When she's not helping patients in her practice (5 Journeys), you can find Trubow alongside her husband and their four kids, creating a beautiful ecosystem in their yard that provides nourishment to both body and soul. Her newest book, Dirty Girl, comes out in early 2024. In the episode today, we discuss the possible toxins in our bodies. We also go over what functional nutrition is, what tests they can run, and how it can help. Wendie shared her own story about getting healthy and improving her life.
Questions I asked:
· Can you tell us about your journey?
· What did you do for your gas?
· What happened after you stopped eating gluten?
· Can you overuse probiotics?
· Where did your hair loss come from?
· How do you figure out what’s wrong with you?
· How can we detox from heavy metals?
· How quickly did you stop losing hair?
· What are good ways to feed your adrenals?
· What are the symptoms of MTHFR?
· Do you have recommendations for people struggling with a polluted environment?
· How often do you exercise, and how important is it?
· How can people work with you?
· Can you tell us about your new book?
· Celiac Disease.
· Heavy Metals
Quotes from the show:
· “40% of the population has one or two genes for Celiac.” @5JourneysHealth @SisterhoodSweat
· “Get the toxins out of your daily life. In, on, and around.” @5JourneysHealth @SisterhoodSweat
· “First, you need to know what you’re treating.” @5JourneysHealth @SisterhoodSweat
· “Detoxing is at a foundational level taking care of yourself, being kind to yourself.” @5JourneysHealth @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Wendie:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"