Have you been struggling with the number on the scale? We’re learning how to ignore that number and tune into our bodies. In this episode, I talk with Katie Bramlett. She’s the co-founder of WeShape & a fierce advocate for bringing awareness to women's health and fitness. She is breaking toxic weight-loss culture by empowering people to connect with and care for their bodies. She is also the co-host of The WeShape Podcast. We discuss why she created WeShape, and what changed for her in your own journey with her body. Katie shares the importance of not seeking validation in others and why listening to our body should come first.
Questions I asked:
· Why did you start WeShape?
· Why do we operate from a place of “should”?
· Can you share some stories from WeShape people?
· How can we find more happiness inside ourselves?
· How can we show up the way we want to?
· Can you tell us more about what you do at WeShape?
· Why is community so important for women?
· What are some lies people tell themselves about being happy?
· How do you deal with push-back from other people?
· Can you tell everyone where to find you online?
· What was the most surprising thing you had to let go of?
· No external validation.
· Ignoring the scale.
· Letting go of things.
Quotes from the show:
· “If you can’t be happy with the body you’re in today, no diet will make you fulfilled.” @weshape @SisterhoodSweat
· “So many people time and attention goes to counting every calorie and walking all their steps, and the number on the scale.” @weshape @SisterhoodSweat
· “People need to unsubscribe to the messages society sends us.” @weshape @SisterhoodSweat
· “We hear people tell us, I now live for myself.” @weshape @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Katie:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"