Are you interested in plant-based eating? Today, we dive into learning more about how plant-based eating can improve your life. In this episode, I talk with Kristel de Groot. She is the Co-Founder of Your Super, a next-gen industry leader in plant-based living, transparent supply chain, and 1:1 giving. The company was created when de Groot’s partner and Co-Founder, Michael Kuech was diagnosed with cancer at age 24. Together with her Orthomolecular Nutritionist mom and aunt, she developed superfood and plant protein mixes to help boost Michael’s immunity and overall health. Kristel is responsible for developing the formulas, all packaging, and branding and currently acts as Chief Marketing Officer. You can catch Kristel and Michael on their podcast, #BeSexyEatPlants which highlights vegan athletes, doctors, entrepreneurs, and change-makers.
Questions I asked:
· How did your plant-based eating start?
· Why did you switch to vegan from vegetarian?
· How do you get your B-12 in?
· Why should you get a panel done before you start?
· What else do you eat besides plants?
· When does your book come out?
· How does this way of eating help inflammation?
· What is your tip for people trying to change their eating?
· Why is true health not about how you look?
· Can you tell us about Your Super?
· Your Super Life Cookbook
· Your Super way of eating
· Stop counting calories, Count plants!
· Starting a company.
· Plant-based eating.
· What true health really means.
· Quotes from the show:
· “Plant-based eating can reduce your risk of cancer.” @YourSuperfoods @SisterhoodSweat
· “If you start focusing on what you should eat more of, you end up eating less of the other things.” @YourSuperfoods @SisterhoodSweat
· “Eat the rainbow is a useful tip.” @YourSuperfoods @SisterhoodSweat
· “Go back to nature.” @YourSuperfoods @SisterhoodSweat
· “Healthy eating doesn’t have you be so complicated.” @YourSuperfoods @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Kristel:
· Get the Your Super Life book at your favorite book store: Barnes & Noble, Booksamllion, Target, Amazon, Walmart, etc. Follow them on IG on @kristelandmichael and @yoursuperfoods. Learn more on kristelandmichael.com and yoursuper.com
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"