Do you only run when someone is chasing you? Can you imagine going from despising running to becoming a triathlon coach? That is exactly what happened with this week’s guest Kim Peek.
Listen to the podcast HERE
Kim says that a “light bulb” went off for her one day while at the gym. She described herself as someone who refused to run, so deciding to run her first 5k was a life changing decision. Since then, she has not only become an endurance athlete, built a fitness coaching business, and a massive online running community, she has also survived breast cancer. In this episode we talk about how to overcome your own mental barriers and the unexpected obstacles that life throws at you.
Questions I Asked Kim:
- How did you go from hating running to loving it?
- How did you mentally get through your diagnosis?
- What are some foods that your kids like that are healthy and easy to make?
- Her strategy with food planning and crockpot meals.
- The mindset tricks she used to get through chemo.
- Why she believes that community is essential to success.
Quotes from the show:
- “Give yourself permission to suck until you don’t.” @LindaMitchell
- “You have to get your mind right to get your body tight.”@LindaMitchell
- “Your story matters.” @KimPeek
- “You have to listen to your body.” @KimPeek
- “Find your tribe. Know who your people are.” @KimPeek
- “Enjoy the process.” @KimPeek
- “Training for endurance events transforms lives.” @KimPeek
How you can stay in touch with Kim Peek:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!