Are you interested in entrepreneurship? Have you been worried about starting your own business or transitioning your business? In this episode, we dive into how to leave your 9 to 5 and build your own business from your side hustles! You can build a business in small pockets of time during the day so you can finally quit the day job and work your dream job.
In this episode, I talk with Jess Glaze, an online business coach, as well as a celebrity personal trainer about how she transitioned from her full-time job of being a teacher into a successful online business coach. Jess now helps other health professionals grow their businesses, as well as helping all women get comfortable setting outside their comfort zone. We discuss the journey of entrepreneurship, how to build a business from a side hustle and getting comfortable with public speaking. We also discuss the fitness industry and eating disorders, and how we can put our ego aside and get the help we need.
Questions I asked:
- What drew you to fitness competitions?
- How did you get through your eating disorder?
- What messaging do individuals receive that make us feel like we have to look a certain way?
- Does social media have an impact on young people?
- What gave you the courage to leave your job and do what you’re doing now?
- What charity are you involved with?
- How do we get the ego out of the way?
- How do we let go of the ego-driven persona?
- Is your EmpowerU for fitness professionals?
- How did you get into Shape magazine?
- What got you into public speaking?
- Eating disorders
- Personal development and growth mindset.
- Battling perfectionism
- Using social media for good
- Transitioning from a 9 to 5 to Entrepreneurship
- Impacting charity with your business
- Diversify your business and revenue streams
- Getting rid of your ego
Quotes from the show:
- “I am enough, I am worthy of love.” @jess.glazer @SisterhoodSweat
- “Social media can be used as a tool, but it can also be a weapon.” @jess.glazer @SisterhoodSweat
- “I wasn’t feeling fully fulfilled.” @jess.glazer @SisterhoodSweat
- “It was the pain of being comfortable.” @jess.glazer @SisterhoodSweat
- “I released the ego, it’s the best thing I ever did.” @jess.glazer @SisterhoodSweat
- “Have some grace with yourself.” @jess.glazer @SisterhoodSweat
- “It’s a good thing to turn the page.” @jess.glazer @SisterhoodSweat
- “Find a way to build your own stage.” @jess.glazer @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Jess:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!