Are you interested in gaining confidence? Do you struggle with public speaking? In this episode, we get first-hand advice to help us shake off our jitters and live our best life, even if that includes public speaking. I talk with Kerry Barrett, Founder, and CEO of Kerry Barrett Consulting, a full-service media training, and public speaking boutique. She discusses strategies to become better at being on camera. She dives into how to look polished and energized during an interview or recording. We also talk about her experience as a news anchor as a woman and tons of funny and interesting stories from her experiences.
Questions I asked:
- How did you get started into all this?
- Does your attitude help you recover from mistakes?
- What is your go-to self-deprecating joke?
- How do you handle someone who keeps talking?
- How do you keep interview interesting to viewer?
- How do you overcome the fear of speaking?
- What are some of your most cringy moments in your career?
- What are three tips for people to be camera ready?
- How do you keep your energy up for the camera?
- How tough did you have to be as a women in a field full of men?
- Public speaking fear.
- Adjusting from mistakes.
- Female in news.
- Creating a good interview.
- How to be confident on camera.
- Dealing with digital interviews.
- Improv classes.
- Burning off nervous energy.
- Why you need to keep going.
Quotes from the show:
- “I learned that I could recover from my mistakes.” @TheReelKerryB @SisterhoodSweat
- “If the viewer loses track of where the interview is going, they’re out.” @TheReelKerryB @SisterhoodSweat
- “Using a little section from an interview that didn’t get aired as a way to connect with people in your newsletter or group.” @TheReelKerryB @SisterhoodSweat
- “It comes down to just doing it.” @TheReelKerryB @SisterhoodSweat
- “One failure doesn’t mean everything is sunk.” @TheReelKerryB @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Kerry:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!