Are you interested in finding more courage? Have you been letting fear hold you back? In this episode, we are finding ways to be our most courageous selves. I talk with David Wood. David is a former consulting actuary for Fortune 100 companies. He built the world’s largest coaching business, becoming #1 on Google for life coaching and coaching thousands of hours in 12 countries around the globe. David talks about how he went from an actuary to life coaching, and what drives his passion to help people become their best selves. We discuss the importance of leaning into fear, and the distraction of shiny object syndrome. David even does a small coaching example for us today.
Questions I asked:
- Can you tell everyone how you got started in the business world and then coaching?
- How can we lean into our fears, and why should we?
- How can we get ourselves to recognize our fear and put ourselves out there?
- Why do you need to learn from your mistakes?
- Why is it important to flex that courage muscle?
- How we can dial down on our fears?
- What are some tips to help you find a good hire?
- How do we avoid shiny object syndrome?
- How do you deal with shiny objects that are attractive at the time?
- What are five steps to doubling our revenue?
- Where can we get those free gifts you mentioned?
- Feeling Fear
- Overcoming discomfort.
- Life Coaching and Self-Help.
- Exercises to help fear.
- Going for No.
- Finding success.
- Moving past deep fears.
- Why you need a coach.
Quotes from the show:
- “Helping someone find their comfort zone and taking them by the hand and leading them into that un-comfort zone.” @_focusceo @SisterhoodSweat
- “There’s nothing wrong with fears, but the fact I never confronted it stuck with me the rest of my life.” @_focusceo @SisterhoodSweat
- “If I am afraid of it, I lean into it because I don’t want that regret.” @_focusceo @SisterhoodSweat
- “Success is asking for 100 thing, and you get 3 of them.” @_focusceo @SisterhoodSweat
- “What would I do in my life if I was fearless?” @_focusceo @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with David:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!