Are you interested in Intermittent fasting? Have you been struggling with chronic pain? In this episode, we’re discussing all things fasting, how it works, how it helps and so much more. Today, I interview Dr. William Hsu. After 20 years of a distinguished career as an endocrinologist at Harvard’s Joslin Diabetes Center, Dr. William Hsu joined L-Nutra in 2019 as Chief Medical Officer. In this role, Dr. Hsu leads the clinical development effort at L-Nutra, oversees the Medical Affairs Department, and advances the education and adoption of fasting and Fasting Mimicking Diet as an innovative tool to extend human healthspan. We discuss the impact fasting has on the body, as well as the importance of what you choose to eat after a fast. Dr. Hsu also discusses how fasting can help with weight management and chronic pain.
Questions I asked:
- What is intermittent fasting and why should we do it?
- What are the impacts of fasting on the body?
- How does fasting help during menopause?
- How does fasting help your mental health?
- What does fasting do for your cells?
- If you’re fasting, can you still have coffee and tea in the morning?
- When should you exercise during fasting?
- Should we avoid a bunch of junk while fasting?
- How can you prepare for a fast?
- What should people know about fasting and eating?
- Why does fasting change your relationship with food?
- How should you balance rest and fasting?
- How does your protocol help people with health goals?
- Can you discuss why you aren’t starving during a fast?
- What foods help with longevity and aging?
- Where can listeners find more about you?
- How often do you fast?
- Healthy foods.
- Chronic pain.
- Sustainable weight loss.
- Healthy menopause.
- Blood Sugar.
Quotes from the show:
- “Everybody should get on a 12:12 fasting regimen.” Dr. William Hsu @SisterhoodSweat
- “Fasting impacts the body on so many levels.” Dr. William Hsu @SisterhoodSweat
- “What could be faster for weight loss than fasting?” Dr. William Hsu @SisterhoodSweat
- “Every culture has fasting practices because it purifies your thoughts.” Dr. William Hsu @SisterhoodSweat
- “It’s best to exercise in the re-feeding phase of the fast.” Dr. William Hsu @SisterhoodSweat
- “Mediterranean diet is best for longevity.” Dr. William Hsu @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Dr.Hsu:
Don’t forget to DM me on Instagram, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the Wild Horses Project!
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"