Are you interested in dealing with trauma? Have you been worried someone in your life is a narcissist? In this episode I talk with Chelsey Brooke Cole. She is a licensed psychotherapist and certified partner trauma therapist specializing in narcissistic abuse and relational trauma. She is the author of “If Only I’d Known! How to Outsmart Narcissists, Set Guilt-Free Boundaries, and Create Unshakeable Self-Worth.” Chelsey has spoken at HR and counseling conferences and national organizations on narcissism in the workplace, how to communicate with difficult people, and effective therapeutic strategies for narcissistic abuse survivors. Chelsey’s content provides support to thousands of narcissistic abuse survivors each day through her thriving online community.
Questions I asked:
· What is a narcissist?
· What is narcissistic abuse?
· Are there different types of narcissists?
· How does the cycle of abuse change with different narcissistic types?
· How would someone know if they’re being narcissistically abused?
· What is a trauma bond?
· How can empaths/highly sensitive people set better boundaries?
· What mindset shifts do survivors need to make to heal?
· What are the most common reasons people stay stuck?
· How can trauma survivors experience more post-traumatic growth?
Quotes from the show:
· “Narcissism is talked about more, but it is overused.” @chelseybrookecole @SisterhoodSweat
· “You have a lot of work to do to untangle a narcissist.” @chelseybrookecole @SisterhoodSweat
· “It physically hurts to have someone disregard you.” @chelseybrookecole @SisterhoodSweat
· “We want things to make sense.” @chelseybrookecole @SisterhoodSweat
· “Survivors are hesitant to see the abuse, because they need to do something about it.” @chelseybrookecole @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Chelsea:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"