Are you interested in inflammation? Have you been worried about losing belly fat? In this episode, we dive into learning more about the silent killer, inflammation, and our overall health. Today, I talk with Dr. Barry Sears. He is a leading authority on the dietary control of inflammation and its resolution. He is the author of more than 50 scientific publications. He holds 14 U.S. Patents in the areas of intravenous cancer drug delivery systems and the dietary regulation of hormonal responses for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. He has also written 19 books on dietary modulation of hormonal responses, including the #1 New York Times best-seller, The Zone. We discuss inflammation in the body, and what we can do about it. We discuss how to get into the Zone and stay in it, and why we need to pay attention to our bodies. We discuss the link between body fat and inflammation.
Questions I asked:
- How can people get into the zone and stay there?
- How do we realize we have inflammation?
- What is the best way to get Omega3s?
- How do we figure out what we need in terms of Omega acids?
- What is our vegetable goal during the day?
- Why is it hard to overeat on raw food?
- If you’re not getting enough fiber, what happens?
- How does belly fat and inflammation work together?
- Why is belly fat bad for our health?
- How does the Zone diet help COVID?
- What is a resolvent, and why does it matter?
- So how does the Omega3s work on depression?
- How does the Zone fit into a healthy heart?
- Does fish oil help reduce blood clots?
- How does the Zone work for weight loss?
- Can some methods be temporary for weight loss?
- Why is it so important to balance blood sugar levels?
- Reducing Inflammation.
- Belly fat.
- Improving diet for inflammation.
- How body fat and inflammation are related.
- Insulin in the body.
- The zone diet.
Quotes from the show:
- “Getting into the Zone is easy, staying in it is harder.” @DrBarrySears @SisterhoodSweat
- “At every meal have a little protein, no more than the palm of your hand.” @DrBarrySears @SisterhoodSweat
- “Polyphenols are key chemicals that turn on genetic factors.” @DrBarrySears @SisterhoodSweat
- “Inflammation increases in your body and then everything goes to hell in a handbasket.” @DrBarrySears @SisterhoodSweat
- “Inflammation protects us from a harmful world, but you have to turn it on and off.” @DrBarrySears @SisterhoodSweat
- “There’s no drug that compares to resolvent to turn off inflammation.” @DrBarrySears @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Dr. Barry:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"