is a wife, mother of three, speaker, writer, author and trainer. She is relentless about helping women, particularly moms, take charge of their lives by learning how to feel good without feeling guilty. Through her work with Moms ‘N Charge™, Purpose Driven Media™, LLC (PDM) was created to teach women entrepreneurs how to successfully leverage social media and blogging to start and/or grow their business and brand, without compromising the relationships that matter most to them.
Through her transformational book (Whose Shoes Are You Wearing? 12 Steps to Uncovering the Woman You Really Want to Be) live courses, workshops and consulting, PDM walks you through discovering and defining your life purpose, as well as making sure your business message aligns with your purpose. Christine is an instructor in the Steve Harvey Success Institute, & her work has been featured in numerous local and national TV and online media outlets (including VOA, Fox 5 DC, WJLA, News Channel 8, WBAL, WHUR, Madame Noire, Huffington Post, Huff Post Live, Black Enterprise, Sirrius XM, amongst others). She received her Bachelor of Science in Biology from Marymount University.
Whose Shoes Are You Wearing (12 Steps To Uncovering The Women You Really Want To Be)
Follow Linda on Social Media @ Chickfitstudio
What we talked about in this episode:
- When, why, and how Christine got the idea to start Mom’s In Charge.
- Christine’s best tips to help us all flip that switch so we can feel like life isn’t just happening to us.
- How to run your life so your life isn't running you.
- Why you shouldn't do everything and how to take some things off of your plate.
- When you are going to take something new on what are you willing to let go of to make room.
- Why being the lone ranger is no good.
- 5 tips and strategies to help moms conquer entrepreneurship.
- Why no is a completes sentence.
- How to make space for some me time in your life.
- Communicating what you need to your family and figuring out what you need for yourself to be happy.
- Why its important your activities are in alignment with your goals/priorities.
- The best strategies on ditching victim mentality so we can be in control of our own destiny.
- Sometimes as moms we lose our identities because we are so wrapped up in our families lives. How we can still give to our families but know who we are keeping a slice back for ourselves so to speak?
- Why you don't have to discount your dreams or choose between your purpose and your children.
- What it was like to have postpartum depression and how Christine reclaimed her happiness
- Ways to involve your children and family in your work.
- How and why its important to begin setting expectations within your family and life.
- Developing trust and belief in yourself.
- Some of the things that keep us stuck in the middle of our misery. How we can get unstuck.How we can up level, gain clarity, fulfillment, and begin ditching being overwhelmed!