This week I sat down with Justin Krane, author, money strategist, and frequent guest on MSNBC to discuss how we empower ourselves financially.
Check out the podcast HERE
I love Justin’s message because he encourages his clients to ENJOY life. Instead of feeling guilty about buying a five dollar coffee drink, he says that we should at times indulge in small pleasures. Although he agrees that we need to live and spend responsibility, he has a refreshing way of teaching how to go about that.
We discussed many things in this episode including the power of delegating and creating a solid team around you, the importance of human capital, and how to develop a prosperity mindset.
This is an incredible episode for those who may feel at a loss with their finances or struggle with knowing how to balance a budget and still enjoy life.
Questions I Asked Justin:
Quotes from the show
How you can stay in touch with Justin:
Follow Linda on Social Media @ Chickfitstudio on Facebook Instagram and Twitter and my website is www.chickfit.me
Patrice Washington, “America’s Money Maven”
Patrice Washington is a nationally recognized best-selling author, featured columnist, television commentator, transformational speaker, spokesperson, radio host and leading authority on personal finance, entrepreneurship and success for women and youth.
A licensed real estate professional by her sophomore year in college and a real estate and mortgage broker at 21 years old, Patrice took her boutique brokerage from the dining room of her 700-square foot condo to a 7-figure real estate empire by just 25. After losing her fortune in the Great Recession, she dedicated her life to not just rebuilding and reinventing her own life, but helping the masses move from debt management to money mastery.
Nationally known as “America’s Money Maven”, Patrice has had tremendous success with her “money mindset” approach to personal finance. Her teachings go beyond coupon cutting, budgeting, and credit repair, and focus on shifting mindset, earning more, and living your purpose. Patrice is committed to redefining the term “wealth”, encouraging women to have “wealth” in all aspects of their lives by pursuing their dreams, being fulfilled, and earning more without ever chasing money.
She has built a thriving community of engaged women committed to taking their personal finances, careers, and lives to the next level, and continues to invest in women worldwide through her work.
Today, Patrice’s wisdom on money matters has been tapped as a recurring voice by national brands such as NBC, FOX News, Black Enterprise, The Huffington Post, Essence Magazine and more. She’s been profiled by The New York Post, SUCCESS Magazine and Women of Wealth Magazine and is most known as the personal finance voice of the top-rated and nationally syndicated Steve Harvey Morning Radio Show where she hosts her own weekly segment, Real Money Answers with Patrice Washington. Additionally, she is the consulting producer for Steve Harvey's FUNDERDOME, from Mark Burnett, a top-rated, seed-funding competition reality series where two budding entrepreneurs go head-to-head to win over a live studio audience to fund their ideas, products or companies. Each year she electrifies tens of thousands as a sought-after speaker from colleges to churches and conferences nationally and has shared the stage with renowned speakers such as Lisa Nichols, Laila Ali, Paul C. Brunson and Steve Harvey. Most recently, Patrice appeared on Centric TV’s, The Round, delivering a dynamic and empowering talk on success.
Besides professional achievements such as receiving the Outstanding Georgia Citizen Award at the State Capitol and an Honorary Kentucky Colonel recognition, Patrice believes her greatest accomplishment is marrying her college sweetheart, Gerald Washington and raising their energetic daughter, Reagan.
Learn more about Patrice at:
What we talked about on this episode:
1. Don't turn your nose up at free knowledge.
2. The conversation around money is so much deeper than material possessions.
3. Don't chase after money, people, or things, what is yours will come to you.
4. How almost losing everything caused Patrice to "Redefine Wealth".
5. How Patrice's persistence paid off and landed her a job as an intern on the Steve Harvey Show.
6. When you fall hard, you have to give yourself permission to get back up.
7. You may have lost all your money but your mind isn't bad.
8. Many of us may be feeling the who am I to do this syndrome when we are realizing our purpose.
9. If your always sitting back hiding your not going to be able to help the people that truly need to hear what they could only hear from you; from your voice, from who you are, and who God created you to be.
10. Push past fear, do it afraid.
11. Everyone feels afraid when doing something out of their comfort zone. You have to step past the fear and "JUMP" just like Steve Harvey says.
12. Know your worth, invest in yourself.
13. Do the work and success will come.
14. What good is money without your health?
15. Good health is a key to wealth.