Diana Patton is a Speaker, Social Justice and Integrative Health Advocacy Coach, Author and Attorney. She provides self-care and advocacy coaching to school counselors and others in the “helps” and “healing” profession, so that they can continue their work of empowering young people to push past trauma, abuse and adversities, to find their identity, to train in it, and use their identity in service to others. She also provides consulting and speaking services to school leadership and conducts legal advocacy at the state and national level, in support of school counselors. She also speaks to businesses to empower their employees to Find Their Why, and use their why to serve others.
In March 2017, Diana published her inspiring 5-star Amazon rated autobiography, Inspiration in My Shoes, in which she uses her harrowing personal story to help others find the courage and strength they need to be successful, which primarily involves being secure in their own personal story, their identity, their why, and sharing that with others.
In this podcast we discuss.
1. How your struggle can become your strength
2. You can fight your way to the top.
3. Finding inspiration when you connect your mind and body through movement.
4. Being brave and having courage when your facing adversity.
5. How Diana was stuck in a life that isn't right for her and how she got unstuck.
6. You can't help anyone hiding behind a mask.
7. Sharing the power of the truth sets you free.
8. Why you have to slow down to recognize the power you have.
9. Learning to let go of things that you have no control over.
10. How positive affirmations, gratitude, and setting daily intentions make you feel like you can do anything.
11. What words are you saying to yourself that are not of value to you?
12. What are things that you love to do that are off the charts crazy that others don't want to do?
13. How to find your identity.
14. Focusing on your strengths
15. Setting better boundaries.
16. How we are are own worst enemies.