Have you ever struggled with your self-image or feel that you don’t know if you have the strength to own yourself? Whether it be mental or physical, finding your strength can be difficult at best, and when dealing with postpartum psychosis or depression, it can be even more frustrating. If you feel trapped with these heavy issues, there is a way out, and we talk about it in this episode from one who has been through it.
Listen to the podcast HERE
Heather Messenger is a Ms. Bikini Universe Pro. She experienced a heart attack at just 18 and then struggled with her weight. Years later after giving birth to her child she experienced postpartum psychosis. Through fitness and exercise she began to change her mental and physical state. She truly believes in helping women understand their underlying strength and supporting women to reach their full potential. She also is a proponent for bringing awareness to multiple issues that women experience during the postpartum phase.
Questions I asked:
- What have you gained from your fitness journey?
- What advice do you have for new moms dealing with postpartum depression?
- How do you think we can overcome the negative?
- How were you able to build up your confidence?
- How inner beauty has to be developed first.
- How to deal with postpartum depression and psychosis.
- The importance of your own value.
- How to build yourself up.
- Why surrounding yourself with the right people matters.
Quotes from the show:
- “Beauty comes from the inside out.” @LindaMitchell
- “When you have confidence you won’t stand for abuse.” @LindaMitchell
- “Monitor your thoughts.” @LindaMitchell
- “You are not alone.” @HeatherMessenger
- “There’s only one you on this earth.” @HeatherMessenger
- “Circumstance you’ve been through don’t change your value.” @HeatherMessenger
- “You are priceless.” @HeatherMessenger
- “Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you up.” @HeatherMessenger
- “There’s a warrior inside of you.” HeatherMessenger
How you can stay in touch with Heather:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!