Have you had tough times in your life? Have you been letting your past define your future? In this episode we dive into all things empowerment, and how we can take our pasts and find passion and empowerment to shape our future. In this episode I talk with Shelia Mac. Sheila consults individuals teaches online courses and is a nationally recognized speaker, and host of NBC’s Sheila Mac Show featured on radio, on-demand TV and podcast channels. Sheila has made it her mission to guide others with similar life experiences back to empowerment. She joins us to discuss how we can pull ourselves up in bad situations and accomplish our personal goals. We discuss her unique Boots Formula and how we can use that in our lives and discussing what can come from someone after they make it through the hard times, and how to find that passion after a traumatic life experience.
Questions I asked:
- How did you get started into radio?
- How did you come up with the title for your book?
- Can you tell me about why you have a chapter in your book about abuse?
- Can you give some ideas on how to recognize abuse in a relationship?
- How can we break the pattern of abuse, and break their silence?
- What are the signs of abuse?
- How do you go from rock bottom to empowerment?
- How did you find new healthy relationship?
- What would you say to someone out there in a bad relationship right now?
- How can everyone go through struggles and come out better?
- The Boot Formula
- Overcoming adversity
- Dealing with abuse.
- Setting boundaries.
- Validation and Empowerment.
- Domestic Abuse.
- Being mentally healthy.
Quotes from the show:
- “You’re able to use the Boots Formula to overcome any situation.” @SHEILAMACSHOW @SisterhoodSweat
- “I deserve healthy loving relationships.” @SHEILAMACSHOW @SisterhoodSweat
- “I didn’t see abuse until I was ready. If someone isn’t ready, don’t give up on them.” @SHEILAMACSHOW @SisterhoodSweat
- “I was safer on the streets then at the home I was staying at.” @SHEILAMACSHOW @SisterhoodSweat
- “When you grow up and know abuse, you are drawn to people who abuse you.” @SHEILAMACSHOW @SisterhoodSweat
- “It’s hard to get out of an abusive situation, but I connect readers to steps and resources.” @SHEILAMACSHOW @SisterhoodSweat
- “You have to be mentally unhealthy to abuse somebody. They may never be healthy.” @SHEILAMACSHOW @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Shelia:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!