Are you interested in healthier eating habits? Have you been worried about your relationship with food? In this episode, we dive into the world of binge eating, overeating, and other eating disorders. Today, I talk with Glen Livingston, Ph.D., a veteran psychologist, and was the long-time CEO of a multi-million-dollar consulting firm that has serviced several Fortune 500 clients in the food industry. He talks about his experiences with eating disorders and weight loss. We also discuss how to reframe eating habits and ignore the voice of cravings. He also shares how he concluded that you cannot love yourself thin. We get actionable tips to help us break our own unhealthy eating cycle.
Questions I asked:
- What is binge eating?
- Can you tell us about your personal eating journey?
- How did you break the unhealthy eating urge?
- Can you tell us about your techniques for beating “the pig”?
- Why is it important to identify the bad thoughts about food, and name them something negative?
- Can you tell us how emotions relate to overeating?
- How can we fix those justifications from our inner pig?
- What are some things your inner food demon would say to justify eating?
- Why should we not have an all or nothing mentality?
- How do we reframe our thinking in a positive manner?
- Give me your best three tips for quelling cravings?
- Where can everyone find you?
- You can’t love yourself thin.
- Actions that don’t align with goals.
- Stopping cravings.
- How to get our brain to focus on other things.
- Unhealthy eating.
- Rewiring your brain.
- Binge eating.
- Avoiding misinformation about unhealthy eating.
- Recognizing the bad thoughts.
- Making negative thoughts into positive thoughts.
Quotes from the show:
- “With all the millions that are spent on the food industry. Is it any wonder that we’re all looking for love at the bottom of a bag?” @GlennLivingston @SisterhoodSweat
- “I would eat anything that wasn’t nailed down.” @GlennLivingston @SisterhoodSweat
- “I came to the conclusion that it wasn’t a game of loving yourself thin.” @GlennLivingston @SisterhoodSweat
- “The part of your brain that controls fight, or flight doesn’t know love. It’s only eat, mate or kill.” @GlennLivingston @SisterhoodSweat
- “How could I lead others when I was having the same issues as them?” @GlennLivingston @SisterhoodSweat
- “I could make the wrong choice if I wanted to, but I couldn’t make believe the wrong choice was right.” @GlennLivingston @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Glen:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!