Are you interested in weight loss? Have you been struggling with clean eating? In this episode, we dive into why we so often feel like a failure when it comes to weight loss. Today, I talk with Shannon Shearn & Liz Dickinson, the founders of Relish Life. These ladies united on the mission to bring a powerful, proven, and lasting solution to the weight loss industry, and Relish Life was born. Relish life is a revolutionary program that takes a 360-degree approach to weight loss by tackling the root causes of unhealthy eating habits. We discuss each o their own weight loss experiences, as well as why they started this company. Shannon and Liz also shed light on the causes of obesity and the importance of choose whole, clean foods for your body. We also talk about the importance of lighting up and reducing the stress on our body both physically and mentally.
Questions I asked:
- How’s everything in your neck of the woods?
- How do you think creating Mio lead you on this journey?
- How have we been approaching weight loss wrong all along?
- How do you guys help people?
- Can you tell us how past traumas play a role in weight gain?
- What about the people who are saying I’m doing everything right?
- How do you use medication as part of treatment?
- Why do you say, when we lighten up physically and emotionally, we become empowered?
- Can you go into more detail about past history and how medicine is monitored and used in the program?
- Why doesn’t the industry as a whole use medication for weight loss?
- Do you provide support to people during and after weight loss in your program?
- How can people listen and learn more about Relish?
- What is a tip for everyone listening?
- Health coaching.
- Weight loss.
- Holistic medicine.
- Nourish your body positively.
- Avoiding guilt in the fitness lifestyle.
- Choice good quality foods.
- Relish life.
- Happiness in weight loss.
- Avoiding and reducing stress.
Quotes from the show:
- “We need to treat our bodies in a way that’s kind and loving.” #RelishLife @SisterhoodSweat
- “Sugar isn’t bad, but it needs to be a good quality sugar.” #RelishLife @SisterhoodSweat
- “We also use medication for those people who need dopamine.” #RelishLife @SisterhoodSweat
- “Sometimes we need that help from medicine to make the whole thing work.” #RelishLife @SisterhoodSweat
- “There’s an undercurrent in women of depression that relates to chronic stress.” #RelishLife @SisterhoodSweat
- “Women have undiagnosed depression and it shows up in weight.” #RelishLife @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Liz & Shannon:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!