Are you interested in eating healthy? Have you been struggling to figure out your diet? Today, I talk with Risa Groux. She is a Functional Nutritionist and Certified Autoimmune Coach in private practice in Newport Beach, California. She has always been passionate about nutrition and good health. We discuss how the body is completely interconnected, and how we have to treat it. Risa discusses the importance of detoxing your liver, and adrenal fatigue. We even cover the top six most popular diets and their benefits and downsides. We cover so much in a short time.
Questions I asked:
- Can you tell us about your autoimmune disease?
- How did it bring you to where you are now?
- What natural steps did you take to heal your thyroid?
- How do we know how much iodine we should be taking, or should we get it from food?
- How do you think functional nutritionists differ from regular nutritionists?
- Why is it important to detox our liver?
- What are the 5 reasons people don’t lose weight?
- Can you tell us the benefits and drawbacks of the most popular diets?
- How is gut health related to arthritis?
- What is the main way to get rid of Cebo?
- Why is keto possibly good for menopausal women?
- What are the signs of adrenal fatigue, and what are the solutions?
- How does adrenal fatigue affect your thyroid?
- Can you tell us what nightshade vegetables are and what signs are there that you’re bothered by them?
- How can we boost our immune system?
- What supplements do you recommend for optimal health?
- Where can people find you online?
- Autoimmune disease.
- Managing stress.
- Weight loss.
- Hashimoto's disease.
- Thyroid issues.
- Looking at root causes.
- Sleep habits.
- Different diets.
Quotes from the show:
- “There are several parasites that can be the root cause of Hashimoto's disease.” @RisaGroux @SisterhoodSweat
- “Functional Nutritionists are very different from registered dietitians.” @RisaGroux @SisterhoodSweat
- “I’m always looking at the root causes.” @RisaGroux @SisterhoodSweat
- “It’s important that the liver is working properly.” @RisaGroux @SisterhoodSweat
- “Detoxing is not starvation. You need fiber to detox.” @RisaGroux @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Risa:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"