Are you interested in a healthier lifestyle? Have you been struggling to age gracefully? Today, I talk with Wendie Trubow, M.D., MBA. She is a functional medicine gynecologist with a thriving practice at Five Journeys and is passionate about helping women optimize their health and lives. Through her struggles with mold and metal toxicity, Celiac disease, and other health issues, Trubow has developed a deep sense of compassion and expertise for what her patients are facing. We discuss her detoxification journey and her advice for anyone trying to do the same. Wendie also shares the tricks to age gracefully and enjoy your life at any age. She also shares why she wrote her book, and how we can learn to listen to our bodies.
Questions I asked:
- How did you come up with the title for your book?
- What is an example of a toxin that people come in contact with every day?
- What are the symptoms of lead in your body?
- Tell us about heavy metals, and how can we detox from them?
- How do you know if you have mercury in your body?
- What tests do we need to do to find out what toxins we have?
- What can people do to help themselves with mold exposure?
- Do you need to buy all your products organic? Or can you get away with others?
- Can you discuss the argument about how organic food is too expensive?
- Did detoxing help your brain fog?
- Why would you want to go to a functional medicine doctor for toxicity?
- How do we step back from some toxins like caffeine and alcohol?
- What would you classify leaky gut as?
- How long does it take to heal a leaky gut, and how can we do it?
- How does stress relate to issues in the body?
- Can you tell us about your book and a freebie for the audience?
Listening to your body.
Quotes from the show:
- “Anything you’re putting on or in your body, and it’s not organic. You’re absorbing those toxins.” @5JourneysHealth @SisterhoodSweat
- “If you’re under 60 and you have bone loss, then you should be checked for lead.” @5JourneysHealth @SisterhoodSweat
- “Toxins go into our bones, and into our fat, so it causes trouble with weight loss.” @5JourneysHealth @SisterhoodSweat
- “When we do a removal, we focus on binding the toxin and boosting the liver.” @5JourneysHealth @SisterhoodSweat
- “Go get tested for toxins, so you know what you’re treating.” @5JourneysHealth @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Wendie:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"