Have you ever experienced a time in your life when things seemed to be going right, and then trauma hit? We’ve probably all experienced rough patches from time to time. Today, I'm speaking with Amberly Lago, again. Amberly discusses how she experienced an intense amount of pain and recovery time from her accident but also how she was able to build her resilience and overcome depression, pain, and anger that would result from her injuries. We discuss her 5 Steps to building that resilience. She believes that resilience is something we can build and become stronger in, much like training a muscle, and she incorporates this into recovery from a crisis. She talks about how now she is stronger because of what happens and how it has led to new opportunity. We're lucky to have her back again.
Questions I Asked:
- Can you refresh us on your story?
- What fears did you have after your accident?
- Why should our value not come from who we are?
- How do we learn what our value is?
- How did you use perception to get through your accident?
- Why is acceptance so important?
- What should we do when we get knocked down?
- Why are having goals so important to coming back?
- What are the 5 Steps to building resilience?
- How can people connect with you online?
- Pushing through times of crisis and pain.
- Finding your reason to fight through pain and depression.
- How to accept your journey.
- The art of gratitude.
- Finding your passion.
- 5 Steps to Resilience.
- Coming back stronger.
- Building a business.
Quotes from the show:
- “"so many of us have been hit by something, and there are ways to get through it.” @amberlylago @sisterhoodofsweat
- “I didn’t want to survive, I wanted to thrive.” @amberlylago @sisterhoodofsweat
- “It's been quite the journey of healing myself, reinventing myself.” @amberlylago @sisterhoodofsweat
- “Saving my business was just as important as saving a limb.” @amberlylago @sisterhoodofsweat
How you can stay in touch with Amberly:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"