Are you dealing with anti-depressants? Have you been struggling with your happiness? In this episode I talk with Brooke Siem. She is a writer, chef, and speaker whose work on antidepressant withdrawal has appeared in The Washington Post, New York Post, Psychology Today, and more. Her memoir, MAY CAUSE SIDE EFFECTS is the first book on antidepressant withdrawal to hit the mass-market. She is also a Food Network "Chopped" Champion, founder of the newsletter Happiness Is A Skill, and creator of the F*ckit Bucket™.
Questions I asked:
· What do you want to challenge yourself with?
· How did you get into all this Wellness? Have you always been like this?
· How did you get on Chopped?
· Was it fun to compete in that sense?
· Can you walk us through your journey with depression?
· What are the issues with taking anti-depressants?
· How did you deal with the withdrawal?
· How does exercise factor into this?
· What about anxiety?
· How does diet effect these things?
· Where can people find you?
· Gymnastics and Crossfit.
· Medication Withdrawal.
· Healthy lifestyle.
· Finding happiness.
Quotes from the show:
· “I think age is just a number and you should do the things that light you up inside.” @brookesiem @SisterhoodSweat
· “If people, like if they could just. Get help in a different way. I wonder how much of a difference that would make.” @brookesiem @SisterhoodSweat
· “No one ever says, hey, we need to look at your diet.” @brookesiem @SisterhoodSweat
· “Depression is a natural reaction to grief.” @brookesiem @SisterhoodSweat
· “The more we can educate one another the better off we’ll all be long term.” @brookesiem @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Brooke:
· MAY CAUSE SIDE EFFECTS: https://amzn.to/
· Prohibition Bakery: https://amzn.to/
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"