Are you interested in building muscle? Have you been worried about how to lose weight? In this episode I talk with Debra Atkinson. Hormone Balancing Exercise Coach and 39-year Fitness Expert Debra Atkinson has helped over 275,000 women “flip” their 2nd half with vitality and energy they want. Bestselling author of You Still Got It, Girl: The After 50 Fitness Formula for Women; Navigating Fitness After 50 and Hot, Not Bothered, Debra hosts Flipping 50 TV and The Flipping 50 Show, and She Means Fitness Business podcasts, with more than 3.5M downloads. She’s a prior Senior Lecturer in Kinesiology and a Subject Matter Expert recognized by the American Council on Exercise, AARP, Washington Post, Prevention Magazine, and USA Today to name a few. Her TEDx talk is titled Everything Women in Menopause Learned About Exercise May Be a Lie. Debra is the creator of the first and only exclusively made-for-menopause fitness membership in the world and the Flipping 50 Menopause Fitness Specialist course for fitness and health coaches. Flipping 50’s message is there is no bigger health influencer in the world than a midlife woman. Most women get hurt just when they begin getting into a routine. Debra gives so many tips on how to prevent injuries by exercising intelligently in this episode.
Questions I asked:
· How did you come up with the name Flipping 50?
· How can people be more relevant after 50?
· Why it is harder to make muscle in menopause?
· How can women recovery better?
· What type of supplements are good for you?
· How do you find the right exercise for you?
· How does caffeine impact your gut health?
· How do you deal with osteoporosis and exercise?
· How do people lose weight on vacation?
· How do we reduce belly fat for women?
· What to women in hormonal phases need to know?
· What are some solutions for women in menopause?
· Natural foods.
· Weight loss.
· The science behind aging.
· Embracing a healthy menopause.
· Higher energy levels.
Quotes from the show:
· “Too many women didn’t understand being toned comes from muscle.” @flipping50tv @SisterhoodSweat
· “When estrogen goes down, your body sends cortisol up.” @flipping50tv @SisterhoodSweat
· “If you want good results, you may have to manipulate the exercise.” @flipping50tv @SisterhoodSweat
· “You’ve gotta restore before you can do more for your body.” @flipping50tv @SisterhoodSweat
How you can stay in touch with Debra:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"